Announced earlier this year, Scream Factory is adding John Carpenter’s Vampires to their Collector’s Edition Blu-ray collection, and we’ve got the full release details today!
The “definitive release” of the 1998 film will be packaged with:
- NEW Time to Kill Some Vampires – an interview with composer/director John Carpenter, producer Sandy King Carpenter and cinematographer Garry B. Kibbe
- NEW Jack the Slayer – an interview with actor James Woods
- NEW The First Vampire – an interview with actor Thomas Ian Griffith
- NEW Raising the Stakes – an interview with special effects artist Greg Nicotero
- NEW Padre – an interview with actor Tim Guinee
- Audio Commentary by composer/director John Carpenter
- Isolated Score
- Vintage Making of featurette
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Still Gallery
“Forget everything you’ve ever heard about vampires,” warns Jack Crow (James Woods), the leader of Team Crow, a relentless group of mercenary vampire slayers. In the film, when Master Vampire Valek (Thomas Ian Griffith) decimates Jack’s entire team, Crow and the sole team survivor, Montoya (Daniel Baldwin), set out in pursuit. Breaking all the rules, Crow and Montoya take one of Valek’s victims hostage – a beautiful but unlucky prostitute (Sheryl Lee). She is the sole psychic link to Valek and they use her to track down the leader of the undead. As Valek nears the climax of his 600-year search for the Berziers Cross, Jack and the new Team Crow do everything possible to prevent him from possessing the only thing that can grant him and all the vampires the omnipotent power to walk the world in daylight.
The Blu-ray will be released on September 24th.