Announced back in March, 1990’s Tales from the Darkside: The Movie is getting a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray release from Scream Factory, and we’ve got full release details today.
Releasing on August 25, the horror fan-favorite comes home in a release packed with bonus features, including a new audio commentary with co-producer David R. Kappes and a new six-chapter feature-length documentary featuring a bevy of cast and crew.
From the clever and creepy minds of Stephen King (Pet Sematary), Michael McDowell (Beetlejuice), George A. Romero (Dawn of the Dead) and Arthur Conan Doyle (creator of Sherlock Holmes), comes an all-star anthology of horror.
Here’s the bonus features breakdown:
- NEW Audio Commentary with Co-Producer David R. Kappes
- NEW Tales Behind the Darkside: The Making of Four Ghoulish Fables – a six-chapter, feature-length documentary featuring director John Harrison, producer Mitchell Galin, director of photography Robert Draper, production designer Ruth Ammon, special make-up & creature effects artists Robert Kurtzman, Greg Nicotero, and Howard Berger, creature performer Michael Deak, actors James Remar and Rae Dawn Chong and editor Harry B. Miller
- Audio Commentary with Director John Harrison and Co-Screenwriter George A. Romero
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Stills Gallery
- Behind-the-Scenes Gallery
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage Compilation
“To keep from being eaten by a modern-day witch (Deborah Harry, Videodrome), a young paperboy weaves three twisted stories to distract her. In “Lot 249,” a vengeful college student (Steve Buscemi, Fargo) resuscitates an evil mummy to teach unsuspecting student bodies (Julianne Moore, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Christian Slater, Mr. Robot) a lesson in terror. Then, “The Cat From Hell” is a furry black feline who cannot be killed … he may have nine lives, but those who cross his path are not so lucky. Finally, in “Lover’s Vow,” a stone gargoyle comes to life … to commit murder. In this classic cult favorite, fear comes in threes.